Who must join
Almost everyone in Medicaid or PeachCare
for Kids® must join Georgia Families.
Exclusions. Some people are excluded from joining (do not need to join) a health plan. Read about exclusions to see if you might be excluded because of your medical condition, heritage, or where you live.
If you think you should be excluded, talk with an eligibility worker at the Division of Family and Children Services.
When to join
Shortly after you are approved for Medicaid or PeachCare for Kids® you will be enrolled into a health plan in Georgia Families. Georgia Families will mail you a welcome letter with information about your health plan.
If you do not want the health plan we chose for you, you can change to another health plan. You will have 90 days from the start date of your health plan to change to a new health plan.
Four ways to change your health plan
- Online: Go to Member Log In and follow the steps.
- By phone: Call 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765). An enrollment counselor can help you during business hours, or you can use the automated phone system anytime, day or night. Business hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- On paper: Use the form you get in the mail from Georgia Families. Mail or fax it to Georgia Families.
- Fax to: 1-866-4U2Enroll (1-866-482-3676)
- Mail to:
PO Box 1096,
Atlanta, GA 30303-9997
- In person: Meet with an enrollment counselor in person. To set up a meeting, call 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765).
TOP OF PAGE
When can you start using your health plan?
You can start using your health plan on the first day of the month after you are enrolled. Your health plan will
send you a welcome packet with a membership card and a list of PCPs.