Who must enroll
Almost everyone in Medicaid or PeachCare
for Kids® must enroll in Georgia Families. If you don't enroll, a
health plan and PCP will be chosen for you.
Exclusions. Some people are excluded from joining (do not need to join) a health plan. Read about exclusions to see if you might be excluded because of your medical condition, heritage, or where you live.
If you think you should be excluded, talk with an eligibility worker at the Division of Family and Children Services.
When to enroll
Shortly after you are approved for Medicaid or PeachCare for Kids® you can enroll with Georgia Families by phone. Georgia Families will mail you an enrollment packet with information about enrolling online or on paper.
You will have 30 days to enroll in
Georgia Families and choose a health plan. If you do not enroll within 30 days, a health plan will be chosen for you. After you are enrolled in a health plan, you will have 90 days to switch plans one time.
Four ways to enroll
- Online: Go to New Member Enrollment and follow the steps.
- By phone: Call 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765). An enrollment counselor can help you enroll during business hours, or you can enroll using an automated phone system anytime, day or night. Business hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- On paper: Use the form you get in the mail from Georgia Families. Mail or fax it to Georgia Families.
- Fax to: 1-866-4U2Enroll (1-866-482-3676)
- Mail to:
PO Box 1096,
Atlanta, GA 30303-9997
- In person: Meet with an enrollment counselor in person. To set up a meeting, call 1-888-GA-Enroll (1-888-423-6765).
TOP OF PAGE
When can you start using your health plan?
You can start using your health plan on the first day of the month after you are enrolled. Your health plan will
send you a welcome packet with a membership card and a list of PCPs.